Saturday, November 7, 2009

Observations From The Week

It is now after midnight Friday night, I was transitioning from day sleeping to night sleeping yesterday (Thursday). Sat down Thursday night about 10:30 to get out a Thursdays Child while it was still Thursday, laid on the floor to get my thoughts in order. Needless to say I woke up at 2 in the morning and went to bed. So here are some interesting observations from the week.
11 year old... Attitude, need I say more.
11 year old turns off attitude, turns on "big brother" to comfort "little sister."
3 year old "little sister" discovers when dad's patience with her is wearing thin, that is the optimum time to give dad a "Daddy...I Looove Yooouu."
Dad: Sighs, kisses, I love You too now get to sleep.
4 year old can he ever be serious? Oh yeah. When nooone is letting him talk. But for the most part goes with the flow, sees fun in everything especially tormenting "little sister."
But the weirdest so far for the week was:
5 year old says: "Dad have you ever thought of blowing someones head off with a rocket launcher?"
Dad: "No I can't say that I ever have"
5 year old: "Oh."
Dad: "What made you think of it?"
5 year old: "Oh, I don't know."
Dad: "Oh"
Where do they come up with this stuff?
Maybe we'll do a special edition of Thursdays Child for 5 year old.
Thanks for discovering with me, Paul

1 comment:

Angel said...

Oh dear. Those quotes are priceless.

My stepsons (8 and 9)love to love each other but love to kick each other's butts more than anything else. And it's odd to see their 'self' develop. Some of the things that come out of my 9 year old's mouth make me think he's a little Buddha. Then he starts crying when I tell him he can't have candy and ... that's the end of that.

On another topic- I shut down FMJournal for a few different reason. The biggest one being that I felt like I was concentrating on my illness far too much. I'd written a few articles about this phenomena 'FM'ers who feel better and don't want to talk about it anymore' and it's quite true. I'm done bitching about it. I have a few bad days here and there but for the most part I'm ok. The guaifenesin protocol helped me get my life back. 85% of it so far, anyway. The last bit is going to happen over time. It's not a quick fix. I have to be patient.

The second reason is that I've begun to concentrate more heavily on gnosticism. Started a blog(Figures, right?) about scriptures and my own experiences in growing into it. I started another profile for it to keep business separate from my personal life.

If you wanna take a peek you can find that blog at www.gnostic-unrest.blogspot.com It's a work in progress. Pretty plain at the moment because I don't have a whole lot of formatting or color. But there are a few postings already. With your eclectic taste in spirituality you may find it interesting.

I'm doing a piece on the Falun Gong in China next. They're being murdered and tortured in the prison camps of China because of, get this, their spiritual enlightenment practices. No joke. Falun Gong followers are being harvested for organs.

Ok, I'll quit grossing you out now.

All the best,

Angel