Monday, September 21, 2009

A Little Sense Of Normalcy

It has been a little while since I've posted. I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I didn't really know why until I got a decent days sleep. For no apparent reason, for the past few weeks I would wake up no less than an hour before my alarm clock. Since I usually only set it for 6 hours anyway, this was creating a zombielike state of mind. It wasn't until a couple of days ago when I woke up to the sound of music (not the movie) playing that I realized I had gotten a full days sleep. Woke up feeling good, the cobwebs were gone, blog ideas started rushing back in. Maybe I'm starting to develop a new version of normal. I say that because for a little over a month now my life has been in transition. What I used to call normal is now a memory, and now I'm working on a new definition of the word. Trying to create a normal morning or evening routine with the kids. Since they're homeschooled we don't have to adjust our times with them around a public school day routine and the inevitable homework that goes with it. It makes me wonder what goes on inside a 3,4, and 5 year olds head when they spend part of their day at the apartment with me and the other part at the house with mom. I think Ben the 5 yr. old probably gets it he's pretty sharp. Naturally Brent the 11 yr. old does. Isaiah and Allissa, they are the 4 and 3 yr. olds, it seems like there was some testing going on the first few days but was that 3,4 yr. old behavior or was it because their life was being disrupted? Now they just seem to be going with the flow. It doesn't appear that any of them are weirded out by bouncing back and forth. They run into the apartment the same way as they go into the house they've always known. They seem equally comfortable at both places and that makes me good. Maybe, as I said in "The Inner Self", this is some people's normal. There are as many variations of normal as there are variations of people. Well, maybe the funk is gone, and we can get back to just being funky. It's good to be back and a relief to get back to the business of getting some of this stuff out of my head. Thanks for searching with me this thing we call life, Paul

No comments: