Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Attitude Of Choice

The past few weeks has made me realize how tiring anger is. Being angry quickly zaps lifes energy right out of you. I don't understand people who choose to go through life angry. Naturally there are times when we're going to experience anger. Neil Anderson of Freedom In Christ Ministries says we experience anger when someone or something has blocked our goal. Fortunately the beginning of this separation hasn't brought too many blocked goals. The ones that have occured are the ones that have shown me how draining anger is. I can only speak from my own viewpoint as a person who internalizes his emotions. I never have been able hold a grudge but it does take me a while to get over anger since I tend to hold it in. Even though we can't necessarily choose which emotions we're going experience, we can choose which ones we're going to hold on to. As christians we're taught to give it over to God. I mean lets face it He created the universe and everything in it in six days, I think He can take on our petty little squabbles. If you read through the book of Psalm, check out David's anger problem. God had to listen to him over and over and still made him king. If you've never prayed something like "OK God, I can't fix this I need for you to take care of it." You should try it sometime it will do wonders for your attitude. Just being able to get it off your shoulders and releasing it to God will clear your head and help you return to managing life. If we let them, our emotions can consume us. So, in our search for the attitude of choice search for the positive ones like joy, happy, and love. Not ones that will destroy you like anger, hate, and unforgiveness. Thanks for searching with me, Paul

No comments: