Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursdays Child Matt.27:44 & Mark 15:32

This Thursday I'd like to look at Matthew 27:44 and Mark 15:32. These are a couple of verses that I can't ever remember being taught. You always hear Luke 23:39-43, which talks about the thief on the cross asking Jesus for forgiveness and Jesus says "Today you will be with me in paradise." We use that verse to teach, that when we die we go to heaven right away. Both of the other verses say "Even the two criminals who were being crucified with Jesus ridiculed him." People usually say that since Luke was a doctor he was more detailed in his account of what happened. We tend to just accept that and move on. Well if you read the other two they are almost the same word for word. Now, I'm not doubting that the Bible is true, but, it is another one of those things I have questions about. Why do we teach something from one book when two other books say something different? I am a strong believer in not taking the Bible out of context to suit your needs, so I've read this over and over to make sure I'm not missing something and I don't see any other way to take it. If anyone can shed a little light on this one please let me know. Thanks Again for searching with me.
Paul

No comments: