Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursdays Child- John 1:1-3

This past week I've been trying to decide what Thursdays Child should be about. I remembered something I heard on the radio the other day. This one preacher said "when we start a book, we start in chapter one, page one, paragraph one, word one. Why don't we do that when we read the Bible? So, I'd like to start in the Gospel of John. I've heard it said that John is an important book for a christian to read to learn about the love of Jesus, so that is where I'd like to start.
From the New Living Translation John 1:1-3 says "In the beginning the word already existed. He was with God and He was God. He was in the beginning with God. He created everything there is. Nothing exists that He didn't make." Lets stop there to jump back to Genesis 1:26 which says, Then God said "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness." This is a verse alot of people say mentions Jesus for the first time, and it would also confirm that John 1:3 is true. I'd like to sidestep for a minute and give my opinion on a concern I heard recently. The concern was "How could God, who is love, send His son to die? What parent could do this?" Yes, we say, "The Father,Son, and Holy Spirit," and yes, Jesus did come as a baby, and grew to be a man and suffered and died and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father. As we just read though Jesus was in heaven from the beginning, He decided to become a man. As God, He came to die for His children, and now He has gone back to to His rightful place where He started. The best part is He did it as a total act of love, so now we can spend forever with Him instead of separated from Him. I'd be interested to hear how everyone else feels about this. Thanks for searching with me,
Paul

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,
Did you get my comment from last Thursday's reflection. I enjoy reading these, and get amazed at what you can do in the wee hours of the morning. Have you thought about publishing a book by the same title, Nite Reflections? People are always needing biblical inspiration. Give it a thought!!

Love,

Barbara