Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sudden Revelation Encore Presentation

To everyone who automatically gets my articles I apologize for everything being weird, I was having some issues getting this to post. Kind of a learning learning experience. Hopefully I've figured it out.

This week my friend over at Gnostic-Unrest and I seem to be on the same wavelength. Check out her latest post entitled Thunder Introduction & Evolution. She expands on my last post, and how hard it is to describe the feeling we get when connect with God. She nails it just right when she says it is "ENDLESS." When I read this, instantly it made me think of something I wrote last year after an experience I had driving through Wyoming. Click on her article and check it out, then continue on to read this encore presentation on Sudden Revelation. Thanks Angel

One day back in March I was driving across Wyoming, coming back to Rapid City from Gillette. I was listening to a preaching cd. The preacher was talking about God as Father and His love for us. He was saying that God is love. Now, that's a pretty common saying, but he went on to say something that really triggered something in me. He said, It's not like God has a pitcher of water that He distributes out love as we need it. He is love, He is the water, and the closer we get to Him we begin to experience that love more and more, and are able to share that love more and more. I've never been to Montana but Montana is called Big Sky Country. From what I have seen of Wyoming I think it could be called the same thing. Basically, I think that just means there is nothing to get in the way of seeing for miles, and miles. It's mostly prairie, and farm land. For me on this day that was an advantage. As this preacher was preaching I looked out of my windshield from left to right all along the horizon, and all I could see was blue sky as far as I could see. Not a cloud in the sky, just a round blue ceiling covering all of us, and it suddenly hit me that God literally is covering us with his love and all we need to do is just connect with Him and tap into that love. Could you imagine if we all did that how much better off this world would be? Shortly after my revelation I looked down noticed I was doing 82mph, noticed the flashing lights in my rear view mirror, pulled over, got my warning ticket, and continued on to Rapid City, but even that couldn't ruin my day. Thanks for searching with me, Paul

2 comments:

Angel said...

Thanks for the link back. I love blogging about other blogger's posts. I am constantly enlightened by reading other people's wise words and they very often lead me on a merry chase in my own soul for more spiritual fulfillment. The road never ends. God doesn't have a finite supply of pavement, even if we have to drive around in circles a few times to get to where we need to go.

LOL I think your foot got excited at that revelation, Paul. Eh, well at least it was only a warning. "But officer, I was so awestruck at the Big Sky I couldn't feel my foot. I was drunk on God's love!"

Raised eyebrow, "Drunk, son? What exactly have you been drinking?"

I laugh. But I totally get what you're saying. One of the first blog posts I did on Gnostic Unrest was about a picture I'd taken of the sunset on my wedding day. Sure, we're lame people and didn't have much of a honeymoon. We went right back home and had to get him ready for work the next day. But that night I was treated to the most stunning sunset I have ever seen in my life. The sky was on FIRE! Gorgeous. Couldn't breath it was so beautiful.

I'm finding that even with the inherent differences between literal Christianity and Gnosticism, there seems to be a reoccurring trend of appreciating Nature's glory. Yes, some sects shun appreciation for physical beauty and only concentrate on the internal beauty of the connection we have with God but this is a very small minority. Nature was given to us to admire by God(Jehovah) or by the Good God through Jehovah. No matter who you ultimately pray to Nature abounds with beauty and we were given the gift of the ability to appreciate it if we choose. Interesting how this appreciation brings us closer to the divine.


(Your post's text is in black, btw. I had to highlight it with my cursor to be able to read it. Microsoft Word attacks again!)

Your blog is one of the few I follow regularly. You write regularly!! And always about something which appeals to me or something which I obviously need to pay more attention to. It feels right.

Thank you for the uplifting words of encouragement,

Angel

Paul said...

I started using Word so I could save my posts. My sister suggested one time that I publish them as a book, so I started doing this way in case that day ever happens. I posted the last 3 using Word and this is the only one that did it. If it keeps it up I have to go back to normal. I have always been a sky watcher day or night. I love looking at the stars. I'm one that likes to be continually learning and your posts are always an inspiration because I get so much from them. I'll make sure the posts are more readable in the future. Thanks it's always encouraging talking to you, Paul